Historical background - Long Khao Sarapee
Long-Khao Sarapee was originally built in 1907 by Por Toh and was subsequently bought by Por Muengjai Thongkamma of Ban Sanklang, Sarapee district, Chiang Mai. It has eight big pillars with the storage compartment in the center surrounded by a balcony on all sides.
In 2008, Prof.Dr.Hans-Jurgen Langholz and his wife, Dr.Md.Phil. Agnes Langholz made a donation to Chiang Mai University to purchase the rice granary and support the relocation to the Center for the Promotion of Arts and Culture, Chiang Mai University.